I’ve finally finished my pole lathe it’s been stuck outside since febuary half finished, but a brief spell of enthusiam got the thing finished. The design was taken from Mike Abbots fantastic book Green Woodworking, which has detailed plans of how to build a pole lathe shave horse and many of the techniques of wood turning. However I was stuck on how to make the metal screw threaded part which holds the piece of wood to be turned. I finally decided to sacrifice an old G clamp by cutting off end to allow it to pass straight through the G part of the clamp. I then made a point at the end with an electric grinder and drilled a hole through the poppet slightly smaller than needed so that as it was screwed in it created it’s own screw thread.